Around the world, each market uses a different metric to measure the performance of television content, and these ratings often do not revealthe full story of demand for this content. For these reasons, one of the world’s largest distributors of television programming sought a second opinion from Parrot Analytics on one of their top shows, which had performed well in several markets but was receiving low linear ratings in Mexico.
- Lower-than-expected linear TV ratings of a blockbuster show in Mexico despite healthy people engagement numbers on digital platforms as well as previous seasons' success.
- Lack of market-specific demand data by the broadcaster to drive pricing, windowing, and exclusivity decisions to affect downstream revenue.
- Demand Measurement allows complete overview of empirical demand for cross-platform content in any global market.
- Parrot Analytics’ custom analysis of demand and customer data produces
actionable insights to improve linear ratings and subsequently, revenue.
- Demand Measurement reveals the full picture of a show’s demand in Mexico, beyond linear ratings.
- The broadcaster renewed the show for another season due to the title’s high Demand Expressions per capita for Mexico.