Netflix has reached over 151 million subscribers globally. However, 2019 has signalled that change is coming.
With new competitors on the horizon, towering debt and rumors of domestic inertia, how will Netflix reach its goal of world domination?
In this strategic analysis, Parrot Analytics experts unpack how over-relying on-platform data over-optimizes for retention and - longer term - lowers off-platform user acquisition efficacy, resulting in a lower lifetime value (LTV) to customer acquisition cost (CAC) ratio over time.
We offer Parrot Analytics' SVOD Lifecycle Model as the solution for OTT platforms to capture maximum value.
Download our comprehensive analysis and discover:
- The Parrot Analytics blueprint for a sustainable growth pathway for SVOD platforms to follow suit.
- The impact of the content lifecycle stage on subscription growth.
- Strategies for adoption and growth markets, with reference to Netflix's business model.
- How to implement a demand-driven content valuation framework.
- Why the dip in Netflix's content demand is not a cause for panic in the U.S. - at least not yet.
- How world domination can be achieved with precise global programming.
- What actions Netflix needs to take to avoid inertia in the United States.
- How strategic retention plays into the new dynamics of the streaming wars.
- How Seinfeld compares to Netflix's top originals based on our Longevity metric.
- What OTT platforms can do to stay ahead of new competitors.
- How to activate diversification strategies to truly scale up OTT platform domination.
- Why taste clusters are so important in the global content ecosystem.
- Discover our tried and tested framework to maximise each stage of an OTT platform's strategic orientation, by applying Parrot Analytics' SVOD Lifecycle model.