This free 60 page in-depth whitepaper takes a look at English-language digital original trends based on audience demand data for China as well as 9 other global markets.
The Global Television Demand Report is published quarterly by Parrot Analytics and utilizes the full global TV analytics dataset, which is comprised of 3.5 trillion data points across 100+ languages in 100+ countries.
Download this comprehensive TV report now to discover:
China Domestic TV Insights:
- English-language digital original trends in China based on Parrot Analytics vast TV demand dataset.
- Foreign content trends in China: Despite many Western services not presently operating or distributing their content in the Chinese market, we are able to demonstrate which Digital Originals are in high demand with Chinese audiences.
- We also reveal Chinese consumer preferences for specific genres and subgenres of foreign digital original content.
- Discover the demand share by genre, and the most in-demand subgenres of English language digital original series, to understand which type of content would work well either distributed in China or adapted into a local Chinese series.
- Find out what the top 20 English-language streaming shows in China are.
Global Television Insights:
- Find out the global SVOD market share of the major platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and CBS All Access across 100+ markets; this has been calculated based on the worldwide demand for each platform's originals.
- A TV industry update for Q1 2019 detailing important market events concerning SVOD services.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: Belgium, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, Russia, South Africa, United Kingdom and the United States.
Note: We define "SVOD market share" as the share of demand for each platform's digital originals. "Digital Originals" are defined as a multi-episode series where the most recent season was produced or first made available on a streaming platform. Demand in a territory is attributed to the original platform.